Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Phone Call That Changed Our Lives

Two nights ago the phone kept ringing at 12:30am, 1:30am, and 1:40am. Sadly the phone was in the girls' room..so I got up each time it rung. Finally I got over my laziness and took it to my parent's room. I heard the phone ring two more times, and forgot all about it. When i woke up that morning, I went out and Dad was on the phone. I asked my mom who he was on the phone with and she said "Angel." (Who is Katelyn's wonderful boyfriend) I knew why, but I still asked.
"Angel proposed to Kate!" 
My mouth went dry. I felt as though I couldn't breath.
"Kate said yes, but he had to get dad's permission." Mom kept talking, but it was as though my ears didn't work.
Kate and Me :)
My big sister is engaged. My best friend is engaged. The girl who broke her toe on my shins is engaged. The girl who I stayed up late into the night with laughing, scaring ourselves so bad we had to walk up stairs holding hands, then spend more of the night in her bed laughing about how stupid we are, is engaged. The girl who i shared a bed with for the first 8ish years of my life is engaged. My mind couldn't wrap around it.
The whole day I felt as though i was in a dream. A dream that i knew was coming, but it now here.
The words "Kate's engaged" kept echoing through my head all day.
While eating breakfest.
Kate's engaged.
While reading on my bed.
Kate's engaged.
While playing outside.
Kate's engaged.

It was a very bittersweet moment.
I felt like Miss Potter, in the movie where she's in her country house and she tells herself "No tears!" and then it flashes to the next scene and she let all of the tears that she had been holding in all day fall. Because all day i kept telling myself "No tears" and last night, i cried. Not much, because i was so happy for them. It wasn't the thought that I'm losing her...but the thought that my big sister is going to be married.

Kate and Angel have agreed to wait till we get home for the wedding (well, Kate already said that she was :) We will be back from October-Janurary. But i knew that they couldn't wait that long for the engagement pictures, so I messaged Kate and told her that I was super upset that I couldn't take them. And last night she messaged me "We're waiting till y'all get back to take our pictures." No matter how much I told myself "No tears." They still fell.

The amazing couple, Angel and Kate!
Congrautlations to Kate and Angel!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!!! And I love you both dearly <3

p.s. What do you think of the new design?? My photography name is still Silla Jo Photography, but since i post more then just photography my blog's name is Simply Silla :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to your sister and her fiance! :)

    I like the new design, btw. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like your new design. Really nice!

    Oh, and Congratulations to your sister Kate and brother-in-law to be! May God Bless them with many happy years together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Melissa! I have tagged you over at Beautiful Girlhood:) Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! :) I tagged you on my blog. Go here: http://whose-i-am.blogspot.com/2012/02/jessica-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!That's really nice to hear.Hope they have a lovely future together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa! Congratulations, I am so excited for you and your family! I will be looking forward to the wedding photos :)
    I've tagged you over at my blog if you want to check it out.
    Have a lovely day,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete