Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Set Free

The wind rushes past my window, sending the pages of my notebook flying. My mind is filled with words and pictures, my personal inspiration board. My desk is where my imagination soars. I close my eyes and allow my imagination to take over. I block out the noises around me, letting go of all my worries and fears, and allowing my imagination to wrap itself around me like a warm blanket on a cold winter night. I glance out my window and watch the leaves of our banana tree be beaten by the wind. The sky is cloudless. Empty and alone. I look back down at my notebook and write.

I enter the imaginary world i've created. The world in which i can escape to when I'm afraid. I let my imagination be carried by the wind. To fly to the sky, over oceans, to the peaks of the greatest of mountains, to the deepest of the seas. When it returns, it tells me of it's journey. The sights. The smells. The people. But it also tells me of the tragedies. Of the wars. Of the crying. Of the dead. I quickly write down each word of it's tale. I draw maps and people, homes and empty lands. I lean back in my chair and smile at my work. I've created a world. A world of pure imagination. 
My desk is where stories are written. Where drawings are sketched. And where worlds are created. My desk is where my imagination is set free.



The giving tree



I love Snape <3....

....Very very much <3



5 comments:

  1. I love your sketches! My favorite is the one of your name and a camera :) lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are really cool! I like the giving tree sketch a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! This sketches really makes me smile. Ask me why? I do the same thing also, whenever I got bored seeing reality, its a perfect escape. Way to go!

    buy star wars account

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketches!

    Found your blog through the comments on Fernweh.

    ReplyDelete