Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My homemade notebook

A while back i decided that i wanted to make a notebook! It's somewhat hard to find a 'pretty' notebook in Uganda, so i was going to make one of my own! I looked up online notebook tutorials and came across plenty, but i didn't like how any of them looked. so i ended up doing a notebook binding tutorial that i found on youtube, and coming up with my own cover. I did this a couple months ago and was planning on posting about it, but truth be told i forgot :P So now low and behold my homemade notebook :)

click HERE for the binding tutorial that i used
It's a multiple video tutorial, by the way :)

I cut the pages so that looked jagged and torn :)


After binding it, i cut a piece of leather the size of my notebook, glued it to the spine, then i sewed a strip of leather to the back and voila!
What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME! That's the coolest diary I've EVER seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! It really wasn't as hard as i though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool! I'm going to have to try making one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This notebook is so cool! Love it.

    ReplyDelete