Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


Happy new year!! 

Last year was a year of battle. A year of struggle.  A year of tears.  But a year of grace.  And year of forgiveness.  A year of love.
It was a year of taking big steps. Moving to Uganda! But throughout the year God’s presence seemed to wrap itself around us like a blanket.  His love for us kept us going.  His encouraging words seemed to be whispered in our ears through the day. God’s blessings has been shown to us throughout last year! Through the little things and big!


'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Blessings by Laura’s Story

Oh my goodness! That song really brings me to tears each time I hear it…
It had really helped me through this last year…when I’ve wondered where God is.  Why He isn’t talking to me.  Why can’t I feel his presence...

What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near

Such a beautiful song! If you haven’t heard it then go listen to it…now! Go! It’s amazing!

Some songs that have really helped me through this past year have been..

Blessings-Laura’s Story
How He Loves-David Crowder Band
All is Grace-Shaun Groves
Remind Me Who I Am-Jason Gray
Marvelous Light-Charlie Hill
Desert Song-Natalie Grant
Shine-Newsboys

If you haven’t heard some or any of these songs...you really need to listen to them! They’re amazing!
Really really great songs!

I was going to post my favorite picture from this year, but I couldn’t pick, so I’m posting my favorite picture from December :)

This is Hannah! We went to her family's house to celebrate her's and her sister's birthday! It was SO much fun :D 


This year I want to deepen my LOVE for Jesus! Not only in the good situations, but in the bad and hard. I want to learn to hold His hand.  Always.  I want to read His word each day! And I want to share His love to the lost. I want to know what God wants to do with me.  I want to know what I am going to do for the kingdom of God.

Also this year I would like to-

1.       Read through the WHOLE Bible
2.       Purchase a canon 60d or 50d
3.       Get my sewing machine from America to here
4.       Actually complete a 30 day challenge
5.       Start making bags to sell
6.       Make an etsy shop
7.       Buy a Ipod touch and get Instagram
8.       Reread the Harry Potter series
9.       Eat a Subway sandwich (when we go back for furlough)
10.   Get my driver's license!

What do you want to do this new year??


p.s. Christmas post shall be posted in the next couple of days :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Writing things down like that really helps one to process. Those songs are great, a couple I don't recognize so I'll have to check them out. The one you mentioned first makes me want to cry as well. My mom really appreciates it as well. She quoted it as well for a newsletter of our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those songs!! So glad to hear you're off to a great new year and desiring more of God :)

    ReplyDelete