Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life as of lately


Ok so lately I've failed at posting..but I do have my reasons :) 

One. We moved from Kampala to Gulu (which if you've read my last blog post you'd know that was quite an adventure!) 
Two. My computer has been being really stupid! Apparently the battery has died...officially. It only works when it's plugged in, and power has been off and on. So we're going to have to have a new battery sent over :(
Three. I've been sick...
Four. I've gotten my sewing machine!!!!!!! (I can check that off of my New Years list :) So I've been glued to my desk sewing clothes for Annie's doll :)
Five. I got the Hunger Games trilogy (for those of you who have read it, you know why I haven't been on the computer much :) 
Six. My Dad brought home a wonderful surprise when he came back from a quick trip to Kampala on Friday (I'll post what it was later on in the week!)

But I promise that I'm going to try and post more, especially once we start working at a babies' home!!! 

But so far we are all loving the small town of Gulu! It's so much more relaxed then Kampala, it's wonderful :) 

Plus my mom is able to drive without the fear of hitting something or somebody, or something/somebody hitting her ;) 
So we're planning a trip to the market for me to get fabric so that I can start making bags! 

Also our missions director came! It was great to see him! And we has able to bring my sewing machine (<3) and a bag that my grandma and aunt so lovingly put together for us (thank you Grandkate and Lydia!) And in the bag we got Christmas presents!! I got the Hunger Games trilogy (OH MY WORD!!!! They are so good!!), a Harry Potter fact/quiz book, a daily knitting calender (each day has a new pattern on it!) and 2 beautiful charms from etsy :D 

The white one with the doe says 'Always' (it's a Harry Potter thing :P) and the other one is a silver camera with a purple jewel in the lens :) Isn't it fabulous?
I really love it :)

Be on the look out for my next blog post to see what our big surprise was!

2 comments:

  1. I love Harry Potter :) and the Hunger Games! can't wait to hear about the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've been tagged at my blog! http://crazyredheadphotographer.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-was-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete