Thursday, October 6, 2011

WORSHIP!

Lately I've been asking myself "Why am I here?"
To tell you the truth I'm not IN LOVE with Uganda (i want to be..but i'm not yet). And I get homesick. Really homesick. And I began to ask myself "Why am I here?" "What's the point?"
"WHY ARE WE HERE?!"
So I've been reading in my Bible lately and I came across this verse.

"Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture."
Psalm 100:2-3

When I read this verse I felt like God was telling me, "I know that you don't know why you're here, or what the point, but you were made to worship Me. And that's all that matters. I am your Shepherd, and I have it all planned out. So sit still and worship Me and soon you'll find out why you're here. Just worship, for I created you to worship Me."
I'm created to worship my God! Not to become a professional photographer, or to be married, or to become rich, or to help orphans and widows, I'm created to worship God! Through better or through worse. Now i'm not saying that becoming a professional photographer, or getting married, or becoming rich, or helping orphans and widows is BAD! But that shouldn't be our main goal in life. It should be to worship our Savior and our Creator!
God created us! He made us! How awesome is that!?! I mean God, GOD MADE us! And what did we do in return, we argued with our brothers and sisters, we complained about having to clean or doing school, we SINNED..(i'm not saying i'm perfect! No no no...i'm not perfect..at all!) But still God sent His only Son..His ONLY Son! To save us! To save us who sinned against Him after all that He did for us...but He still sent his only Son..and had Him sent to His death..for us. For you. For me. And God had to turn away as His only Son was tortured...as His only Son was beaten..as His only Son was teased..as His only Son was killed..
He sent His only Son who did NOTHING wrong to save us who sinned against Him..He sent His only Son to die..

For God so loved the world that He gave His ONLY SON, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

But 3 days later His only Son rose from the dead!!!! Woohoo!! Our Savior LIVES!!!!!! And now we can speak to God for His Son was the final sacrifice!! Now our sins are forgiven! Because He gave His only Son to die for us :D
How awesome is God!!!!!
But still...we fight with our siblings, we argue with our parents, we complain, and we sin! After ALL that our wonderful God did for us..
And so as i sit in my bed in Uganda I think to myself "Why am I complaining about not being able to see my friends in America? About seeing my older brother and sister, when God sacrificed HIS ONLY SON! And when Jesus DIED FOR ME! And had His Daddy turn away from Him. And His best friends betray Him..And as He watched His mother cry as she watched her little boy die..." I know that my friends and family still love me..but Jesus' friend brought the soldiers to Jesus so that they could kill Him. Jesus watched as His friends betrayed Him..So what am I doing complaining!
When I should be WORSHIPING!

I should WORSHIP because I can pray to my God!

I should WORSHIP because my Savior lives!

I should WORSHIP because my God has forgiven me!

I should WORSHIP!!

I should WORSHIP my God!

I should WORSHIP my Savior!

I should WORSHIP my Lord!

I should WORSHIP my Creator!

I should WORSHIP my King!

I should WORSHIP!

I will WORSHIP!

I will WORSHIP my God!

I will WORSHIP my Savior!

I will WORSHIP my Lord!

I will WORSHIP my Creator!

I will WORSHIP my King!

I will WORSHIP!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    Good stuff...and so true! It's great to hear how God is challenging and encouraging you in your faith. And be encouraged...I am sure He will use your time here in Uganda even if you can't see it right now. Keep growing in Him!
    Love, Hannah :)

    ReplyDelete