Monday, August 15, 2011

It feels good to be fifteen!

Yesterday {the 14th} I turned 15! It was my first birthday to be celebrated in Uganda :)
But sadly my mom & dad both got sick :( So we opened presents, sung happy birthday, and made yummy brownies {Thanks Danika for the yummy recipe!}, and then i told them both to take a nap! But it was a very, VERY good birthday! They did their best to make it a good birthday for me WHILE being sick, and i'm very thankful to have such an AMAZING family!

For the past week i've prayed that God would let it rain on my birthday! And our house-help laughed at me, and i told her "It's going to be God's birthday present for me! He's going to let it rain." So on the 14th i waited and waited, and the dark clouds rolled in, and God gave me a rain shower for my birthday! So this morning when Mama Benna (our house-help) came over, she started laughing and she said "God gave you what you wanted!"

Thank you God for the AWESOME birthday present!


For my birthday i got BOOKS {of course :D}, a purple flash drive, yarn, and............



A beautiful camera bag {courtesy of Jo totes}, and it is ABSOLUTELY wonderful!!

Here is the inside {nice and spacey ;)}



Isn't it beautiful?


And it has a cute little rose in the front!


I love it!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, and thanks to my awesome family for making this a wonderful birthday :D

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUN !!
    gorgeous bag i'm so jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Glad that the day went well for you. :)

    Cute bag! I have a camera bag that came from Jototes too, but its a different style though.

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much!

    What kind did you get??

    ReplyDelete
  4. A BIG happy birthday to you, Melissa!! Your bag is so cool! I love it! I'm sooo glad God answered your prayers and gave you such an awesome birthday present! Enjoy being fifteen and pray it's a good year for you! Lots and lots of love, Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a late happy birthday! Congrats, girl. Your presents look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Your presents all sound amazing, and I'm having major camera bag envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new camera bag! It is adorable. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Melissa!
    I’m so glad God answered your prayer! Such a beautiful camera bag! Love it!
    Have a blessed, happy, joyful and fun year!!!!!
    Lots of love
    Heidi-Mari

    ReplyDelete