Thursday, July 14, 2011

my photography tips. [a guest post by Kiley]

Hey Guys! Kiley here, Melissa asked me to guest post and I said yes! I'm going to share some of my [most useful] photography tips.

1. flash is a big no no.
Personally, I absolutely hate flash. I never ever use it unless its a picture I "need" to take. [ex. at my brothers kindergarten graduation.] When I see one of my friends or family members shooting outside on a bright sunny day with flash, I tell them to pleaseee turn that off. Honestly, I don't think it makes pictures look better at all. In my opinion its worse.

2. Natural light=yes.
Okay, so this kinda goes with my "flash is a big no no" thing. Natural light makes your photos look beautiful, point and shoot or SLR, they make the picture more clear and just naturally beautiful. Sometimes when I take a picture in really good natural light I don't even edit it because it is just so perfect already. :]

3. SLR tip:
Turn your aperture down to a low number. I normally have mine at about 2.0. If you have no idea what I'm talking about read here.

4. Check your background.
I know this seems really obvious but I used to just take a picture where ever and didn't care about the background, but it really does matter. For people, try to get a really good, pretty -but not too busy- background. Don't take a picture with your messy room in the background, in front of a big window with a bunch of light or anything else. Use your brain! :]

5. Eye level.
No need to explain, here is an awesome tip about that, too.

Hey this is Melissa!
I just want to thank Kiley for guest posting :) She is a wonderful photographer and you should check out her blog HERE! Thanks again, Kiley!

No comments:

Post a Comment