Thursday, September 27, 2012

Writing


I love journaling! A read a post by Megan about journals vs diaries (as you can tell i'm kinda in love with her blog :P) She totally nailed it! Journals are notebooks that you fill with everything! Stories, ideas, thoughts, pictures. Diaries are for your feelings for the day or certain people. Megan explains it a lot better on her post :P I always carry a notebook with me, i always have and i always will. It makes me feel safe...now i know that might sound weird, but it does. I feel that as long as i have one, my ideas are safe with me. And any spur of the moment ideas i have i can quickly jot down and carry on. I know that i don't have to stress about trying to remember that one name i liked, because i can write it down and continue what i'm doing. I write everything down. Everything. Every little detail of something, if i have a silly idea i write it down and later that day look over it and realize that it was or wasn't a good idea. I have different sections for stuff, like favorite girl names, boy names, short stories, ideas, book names, etc. Throughout the day i write stuff down. One of my favorite books is Spilling Ink, I recommend reading it if you are an aspiring writer.  It really changes your view point on writing! It talks about all the little details of writing, and answers all the questions that you could ever ask about writing! Ah it's my favorite! It also gives you a bunch of advice on plotting, developing characters, narrative voice, and a bunch more stuff that you can only read the book to figure out! All the advice i have for writers is to write. Everything, everywhere, and at anytime! Sometimes i wake up at night with an idea, i grab for the nearest paper and pen and write it down, then the next morning i look over it (if i can ready my sloppy writing in the dark handwriting...) I also recommend taking a notebook with you everywhere! It's completely worth whenever a good idea comes and you have something to write it in! Now this post end up being me babbling about writing, but i hope it helps aspiring writers :D

No comments:

Post a Comment