Saturday, September 22, 2012

Furlough Notebooks::DIY

Today we were able to skype with my big sister, Kate. As we were talking Kate stopped and said "Guys, i'm going to be hugging you in 12 days!" Then it hit me. I'm gonna be in America in 12 days!! EEEP!

A couple weeks ago i saw a post by Megan at Borderless about making a seasonal notebook to fill with stuff about each season, and i had the idea of having four notebooks for each month while we're on furlough and fill it with thoughts, pictures, and stories!
Guys i'm oober excited about furlough! I get to see my brother and sister! And my friends, family, and my church!!!



Anywho, back to the notebook, here is a simple step by step on how to make a notebook for a monthly thing, season, or year :)


First you'll need a brown moleskine, a pencil, a pen, and a pencil sharpener (just in case)

To start off i recommend getting a blank sheet of paper and sketching out what you want it to look like. I also recommend listening to She & Him 'cause they're the best :)

Then take out your moleskine and draw (very lightly) with a pencil your drawing
Trace with a pen, while listening to The Lucky One soundtrack, and voila!!

My fingers tingle every time i think about writing in the notebook once we are on furlough :) 
I can't wait to share my thoughts and pictures while in America!

Pictures of my other notebooks coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment