Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'm Not Very Fond of Grasshoppers

The other day (Friday I think..) was 'Grasshopper Day' in Uganda!

I woke up and heard loud chirping noises, but I didn't think anything about, I hear chirping all the time. Then I heard something banging against the window and children were screaming (not like they were hurt, but for joy!) I went outside and there where grasshoppers EVERYWHERE! Benji would kick one of the trees in our courtyard, and 50 grasshoppers would fly out! It was insane! Turns out the children were screaming because they were catching them…to eat!

So we spent the whole day catching grasshoppers for Mama Benna and her family to eat..ew.

Now I'm not very fond of grasshoppers, and Mama Benna knew this, so she kept asking me "Why are you doing this? You hate grasshoppers!" I laughed and said "It's because I love you!"

Laura and our neighbor's little girl, Abi, didn’t brave the grasshoppers like the rest of the family did (oh and Annie, she sat inside :) But Laura and Abi wore skirts on their head so that the grasshoppers wouldn’t get into their hair, and sat on the porch and shouted every so often “Grasshopper!” so helpfully :P

I sadly didn’t get any pictures, because I was too busy in the 'battle field' catching the grasshoppers, but my mom posted pictures on her blog! You should check it out HERE :D

But I did get some pictures of my beautiful sister Laura wearing her skirt on her head :)




No comments:

Post a Comment