Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Pearl of Africa

The other day we went out of Gulu Town and to Fort Samuel Baker, which is an old fort (hence the name), but there are GIANT boulders where you can climb up and see the most GORGEOUS of views! I never really got why Uganda was called The Pearl of Africa, not until we got out into the open country.  Then I could see...Uganda is truly the pearl of Africa :) The landscape stretched as far as you could see, without the ugly interruption of power lines. It was simply breathtaking. And not just the fort but the drive! At first we couldn't find the fort but then, after much searching, we found it! And i'm so so so happy we did! The broken down buildings and giant rocks seemed to come out of a fairytale! I was so thankful for chacos and my camera bag! Without them i probably wouldn't have been able to climb and take pictures :P I can't wait to go again with my notebook, and perch myself up on a boulder and just write :D






That was just the drive :)




Benji was in his element :)



I took this picture on the rock that Benji was standing on in the last couple of pictures :)

So gorgeous!



We saw mountains!!













Me helping Annie up one of the rocks

Garrett :)

Annie!





I love my family <3
My dad took this picture, because he's not very fond of getting his picture taken :)
Took this right before we left :)

Had such a fabulous time! Can't wait to go again :D

No comments:

Post a Comment